4 Aug 2009
Sounds like you guys have had a pretty exciting week.
I'm still here, and I'm okay with that. I still have a lot to learn and I haven't gotten incredibly impatient yet. Although the half hour of email is a little hectic. They didn't actually add the new sisters last week, I think they made a mistake. This week though, there are two new Italian sisters coming in, they're going to the Milano mission, and they'll be in our room. And then seven elders, I think most going to Milano and two or three to Roma. We're pretty excited. Seven people left to Catania yesterday at 5 am. We had to get up at four and escort the solo sister down to the anziani and so we didn't sleep much Sunday night, we couldn't get back to sleep after that.
Sunday is probably my favorite day, and this last Sunday was fairly relaxing. Fast Sundays we have mission conferences, we all meet in the big room and have people talk to us for two hours. It's really long and hard to stay awake in because it's so weird to be just sitting and not studying (not that it's easy to stay awake all day when studying either--it's kind of like studying for finals all day everyday, I have never done so much studying in my life. And it's sometimes ineffective because I have the biggest problem paying attention when I'm sitting in a really uncomfortable desk). But the conference was pretty good. We were told to read a section of the Doctrine and Covenants that we can't really figure out what it had to do with anything, but we read it so I guess it's okay.
I just got a letter from a friend that says where she got her mission call to but I can't read it because there is no save option on this computer and the clock is counting down.
Our fireside on Sunday night was great, we laughed the whole time. The guy is the head of International MTCs (did you know there are 16 MTCs total?) and he was a mission president in Japan when he was 35. He and his wife were absolutely hilarious though, but they said some good things, I just don't have my notes here to remember exactly what they were. We really enjoyed them though. It was a nice change from the devotional on Tuesday where the guy pretty much just stated facts about the translation of the book of mormon, which were interesting, but not particularly inspiring.
Watching legacy with a bunch of missionaries is also hilarious. There was a lot of cheering going on...It's funny how we can no longer watch a movie with people kissing without cheering or giggling, all of a sudden we're 10 again...
That's exciting about the office. Hopefully it goes well. I'm glad that's working out, that would be cool if dad could start full time at the school.
I'm glad Christy likes karate, that should be fun for her. Hopefully John can find a more permanent job and everything will work out well. Tell Cathy I got her letter yesterday, so it takes a few days for the mail to get here from the Church office building, but it does get here. She can do it for free.
Sounds like brother Poulsen is doing a good job already, I'm glad you guys are having fun.
I miss you guys too, but I'm glad you're happy and I'm enjoying it here.
I love you!
Eliza
I'm still here, and I'm okay with that. I still have a lot to learn and I haven't gotten incredibly impatient yet. Although the half hour of email is a little hectic. They didn't actually add the new sisters last week, I think they made a mistake. This week though, there are two new Italian sisters coming in, they're going to the Milano mission, and they'll be in our room. And then seven elders, I think most going to Milano and two or three to Roma. We're pretty excited. Seven people left to Catania yesterday at 5 am. We had to get up at four and escort the solo sister down to the anziani and so we didn't sleep much Sunday night, we couldn't get back to sleep after that.
Sunday is probably my favorite day, and this last Sunday was fairly relaxing. Fast Sundays we have mission conferences, we all meet in the big room and have people talk to us for two hours. It's really long and hard to stay awake in because it's so weird to be just sitting and not studying (not that it's easy to stay awake all day when studying either--it's kind of like studying for finals all day everyday, I have never done so much studying in my life. And it's sometimes ineffective because I have the biggest problem paying attention when I'm sitting in a really uncomfortable desk). But the conference was pretty good. We were told to read a section of the Doctrine and Covenants that we can't really figure out what it had to do with anything, but we read it so I guess it's okay.
I just got a letter from a friend that says where she got her mission call to but I can't read it because there is no save option on this computer and the clock is counting down.
Our fireside on Sunday night was great, we laughed the whole time. The guy is the head of International MTCs (did you know there are 16 MTCs total?) and he was a mission president in Japan when he was 35. He and his wife were absolutely hilarious though, but they said some good things, I just don't have my notes here to remember exactly what they were. We really enjoyed them though. It was a nice change from the devotional on Tuesday where the guy pretty much just stated facts about the translation of the book of mormon, which were interesting, but not particularly inspiring.
Watching legacy with a bunch of missionaries is also hilarious. There was a lot of cheering going on...It's funny how we can no longer watch a movie with people kissing without cheering or giggling, all of a sudden we're 10 again...
That's exciting about the office. Hopefully it goes well. I'm glad that's working out, that would be cool if dad could start full time at the school.
I'm glad Christy likes karate, that should be fun for her. Hopefully John can find a more permanent job and everything will work out well. Tell Cathy I got her letter yesterday, so it takes a few days for the mail to get here from the Church office building, but it does get here. She can do it for free.
Sounds like brother Poulsen is doing a good job already, I'm glad you guys are having fun.
I miss you guys too, but I'm glad you're happy and I'm enjoying it here.
I love you!
Eliza
Comments