11 August 2009

I really should have made my email address lizabstar, it's what my fingers are used to typing in over and over.

I'm sorry to hear about Jason Florez, that's very sad. I hope the family is doing okay, they're great people. I always liked Sarah a lot.

And that's so exciting that Sister Fisher is now Sister Butterfield! I'm happy for her.

Sounds like it's been quite the busy week. Congratulations on getting so many hours of exercise, that's awesome. I can imagine the look on Brother Warrick's face when you said you wanted to walk home, that's funny. That's a long walk in the heat too. We've been doing a bit of cross-training here--it's too boring to do a full 45 minutes on a bike or elliptical with no movies or music. So we do 20-25 minutes and then 10-15 minutes of weights and then stretching. I'm working on keeping the flexibilty, I can get my head to my knee pretty easily now, with my leg straight. It's pretty cool. The weights seem like a good idea, considering my arms are always weak as can be...

Thanks for sending the pictures to Alex, he liked them.

So this week was pretty good, we've continued our role-playing. "Alessandro" our progressive investigator decided that he needed to work on being a better person before he prayed, so then when he prayed before last Wednesday's appointment he felt like he was actually talking to someone, and he paid attention to our lesson and it went great. It was our last appointment with him though, we start in Italian at the end of this week. The real Italian Alessandro did eventually get baptized, after he overcame an addiction to pornography and started being nicer to his wife. And he had a dream where his missionaries were like the dolphins in hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy, I have no idea what that means but maybe JOhn does.
We haven't met with Patrizia much because sister Jones just got a promotion and has been ridiculously busy and then was gone last weekend, but we've had good substitutes. One of them is in my friend Hannah's ward at BYU so I had met him before, and he's a really good teacher--very constructive feedback.

I like your emails, they're like reading stories. It's kind of fun.

I gave a talk on Sunday. I had the wrong topic, but it worked out. I think that the branch presidency didn't realize I could speak, they were all pretty amazed. The member of the presidency who speaks Italian told me that we're only going to speak in Italian from now on because he wants to learn from me. He says I sounded almost native, and said my accent is great. The trick is now to learn how to think and speak that well on the spot, I was reading after all. But it was nice, I got a lot of compliments. I was glad I was the second person though, I would have felt bad for the Anziano who spoke if he had gone after me...he did a great job but he's new to the language.

Funny thing this week--my companion got a ring box in the mail. Turns out it contained a cough drop because she told her boyfriend she got sick, but it sang "hallelujah" and it was pretty exciting, especially since our district leader passed it around for everyone to feel the box and place bets on what was inside.

Also funny, we were teaching the word of wisdom to an anziano in another district and we said something about not eating too much and he looked down at his stomach and everyone started laughing.

It's been cool here, almost fall-ish...

I will write more in my letter that I send today, but I'm running low-ish on time...

I love you guys, hope life is amazing!

Love Eliza

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I belong with you, you belong with me

They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

and heaven's aid implore...