25 Agosto 2009

Hello everybody!
I really laughed at your comment about you being so happy to be walking and Christy being so happy to be done walking. I will be so happy to be able to go outside and walk someday soon. :) Only 3 weeks left in the MTC, it has gone by pretty fast. We are now the oldest district and so we've got to really step it up on our Italian speaking to set a good example for the younger districts.
It has been a good week. Thanks so much for sending that package.
It was kind of cool, I'm reading the Old Testament and I had just read Solomon's dedicatory prayer on the temple on Sunday morning, and then Sunday afternoon we got to watch the Oquirrh Mountain dedication. There are a lot of similarities in the prayers still. It was a really great dedication. It would have been good if they had told the ladies in the choir to wear less makeup, but they sang well so I guess it's okay. It was a really neat opportunity. And the Oquirrh Mountain Temple really is gorgeous. Our Branch President also had us read D & C 109 before the dedication, so I got to see the similarities between a few dedicatory prayers.
We're getting pretty excited to go to Italy. The oldest district just left for Milan. We're getting all new teachers and all new schedules in the next couple of weeks too. We're kind of excited to be getting closer to leaving. It will be really weird to have new teachers. We've met Fratello Stubbs, he just got home from Catania a couple weeks ago, and he was assistant to the president, so might know who's going to be training us. Fratello Fife's last day was Saturday, and we watched the part of "How Rare A Possession" with Vincenzo di Francesca, because he was Sicilian. It was kind of neat to see some of the real scenery. Then we looked at all his mission pics and he told us mission stories and gave his guesses about where we're going. He doesn't actually know which cities have sisters, etc., but his guess for me was Catania first. Which would be cool, a P-day trip to Mt. Etna sounds pretty awesome.
The only problem with our mail experiment last week is that I have so many people to respond to! But mail is nice anyway. I was wondering why the jerky was open, that makes sense now. :)
A pair of jeans sounds kind of nice. Hopefully they'll work well.
Today is a cool and cloudy and slightly rainy day. It's a beautiful thing. We're finishing the endowments for the names we've been working on in the temple this week. Next week we'll seal them to their parents and then the week after that we'll do an endowment session for the last time for 16 months. That will be kind of sad.
I write "kind of" too much.
So how are things going with the practice and is Dad working full-time at the school or what? So many things are going on, it's hard to keep up on anything.
It's really weird not to know anything that's going on in the world too. A couple of weeks ago I heard some people whispering about how Michael Jackson died, like it was big new news. It was funny. But we have no contact with world affairs in this place. It's unusual.
I love you! I have to go get ready for lunch and the temple. I hope you are all doing great. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Eliza

P.S. Funny story this week---my companion was trying to say "I want fish" in Italian, so she said"voglio pesci, voglio pesci," which is right but it's missing the article, and we have an Anziano Pesci in our zone so it was really funny. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I belong with you, you belong with me

They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

and heaven's aid implore...