They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

A year ago I was 37 weeks pregnant.
I had lunch packed for work, I had workouts selected for the week, Netflix shows downloaded for any downtime. I did not have a carseat in my car, I did not have a bag packed for the hospital, and I had a list of things to get done over the next few weeks.

Well, the bag got packed in a frenzy, the lunch went bad in my fridge, the Netflix shows expired, and my list went undone. Waking up because your water broke at midnight can throw a wrench in the best laid plans.

Tonight I'm snuggling my baby for the last night of his first trip around the sun, letting him know just how wanted he was and how loved he is.

The last year has changed so many things. I didn't know then that I wouldn't go back to that job. I didn't know then that keeping a human alive takes more than you feel capable of giving and rewards you in ways that are meaningful to nobody but you. I knew that my husband was thoughtful and helpful, and I should have known just how much I'd need that and how he'd rise to every occasion and be just what Max and I needed every step of the way.

I've learned a few things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I belong with you, you belong with me

and heaven's aid implore...