28 July 2009

Handshakes and appropriate hugging are now allowed at the MTC...

Hi!

The news in the subject line got quite the standing ovation at Tuesday night's devotional. John Groberg also spoke, and that was pretty cool. He showed a clip from the other side of heaven...We all thought that must be crazy to have a disney movie about your mission that you can show when you give talks. But it was a really good talk about listening to the spirit, and paying attention when you ask to have it with you, etc.

Still no news on whether I go to Italy on Monday. I don't know if that means no way or what--it's a lot of paperwork and talking to the mission president. If it means three sisters will be in a companionship it'll probably be a no, if it means that it'll break up a group of three then maybe a yes. But I don't know if they can do it all so fast, especially since the other district already has their flight plans and everything. Who knows. I did tell them yes though, but it depends on everything else.

The Provo temple is kind of weird--you don't move AT ALL. I kept expecting to, somebody should have told me. Other than that it's pretty just like they all are. It's nice to have a chance to go to the temple. I'm not feeling quite as exhausted as last week so hopefully I'll be able to stay awake this time.

Sounds like it has been pretty hot at home, it's not so bad here. Of course, we're never outside and any time out of doors is enjoyed--you can actually breathe outside! Seriously, everything, even most of outside, is covered pathways, so when you step into the sun it's kind of a big surprise, like "oh, that still exists, I've only seen it through windows that I can't open..." I do like it here though, it's a good experience and I'm learning a lot. I've already written most of what we've been up to this week in a letter, so I don't have tons to write about.

I haven't gotten your handwritten letter yet, but maybe I will today. Friday was pioneer day, and I think that's slowed all the mail down quite a bit since they close everything down for that. And they don't even do fireworks...kind of disappointing.

All the girls I room with are sick, but I haven't gotten sick yet. I'm glad about that. I drink a ton of water though, I refill my water bottle 4 or 5 times a day. I'm glad we bought that, it's been very nice to have.

I'm glad that Dad's Lake Arrowhead talk went well, it looked like it was going to be a good one.

I'm just going to send this and if I think of anything else I'll send it later, but there's sooo little time on these computers...

Love you, bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I belong with you, you belong with me

They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

and heaven's aid implore...