15 July 2009

Hello family!
I love you guys! I'm kind of glad they do the drop off thing the way they do now, it was a whole lot easier not to have to do the whole crying thing I think. It is really weird though, they still aren't allowed to shake hands so everyone smiles & is nice but no shaking hands.
We haven't done all that much today. Picture taking, a bit of unpacking, a looong orientation meeting and then another orientation with the MTC Presidency, then dinner. When we got there, some Anziani saw us and yelled "Sorelle!" and I guess our Zone all eats together so that was way cool.
I have two companions, one is from Reno and the other from Idaho Falls. They both went to BYU-Idaho. Sorella Miller just graduated in political science and Sorella Jenkins is a history teaching major. There is a solo sister going to Catania, she hasn't had a companion at all and she was alone for a while when the last District left.
Our Branch Presidency has us do surprise talks. I think they give topics before so everyone prepares one. It's just a question of whether you're called on or not.
I have no pictures of family, so I'd love it if you'd send some. It's been a good day, kind of long, but I think that's how it goes.
They're doing exercise classes for sisters in the mornings at 6, just optional but one day they do cardio, one day yoga, one day kickboxing. Sounds fun.
Seems like this is a great place to be though. I'm not sad don't worry. :) We'll see in a bit, but my companions seem really sweet and it should be fun getting to know everyone. It will be crazy finding time to write letters & in my journal though. :/ But so far so good, not too stressful.
Love you!
Also, Justin Freeman prayed in one of the big orientation meetings, in case you want to tell Tommy. And I've seen a few people that I know. A girl who was on my floor Freshman year is here, going to Indonesia. She was a semester ahead of me in Italian, although I think she only took through 202. And I saw Laura Smith who was in John's ward the last 2 years and she's going to Russia.
So anyway, it's been pretty exciting here. Italian lessons are easy stuff, everyone else is a bit overwhelmed I think, but it's stuff I learned 2 1/2 years ago, so it's easy.
You aren't really supposed to write letters except on P-day, I guess, but they wanted us to get one sent out to parents quick so you know we're alive and everything.
Plus I forget if I don't write things down all the time, so I guess I should start carrying a journal with me everywhere and writing in free time.
Anyway, a meeting is starting. I think I've borne my testimony at least 10 times in one day. It's been pretty cool though. We have 50 minutes of gym five days a week.
We have dinner at 4:30 and breakfast isn't until 7. It's pretty wild, by breakfast we're starved. But evidently in Italy they eat a huge meal for lunch and no dinner so it should be okay. Practice.
My District seems amazing, and my teachers are great. This is a really neat place. I'm glad I'm here, and I'm learning a lot, and I know it's where I'm supposed to be.
I love you a lot,
Sorella Stevenson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I belong with you, you belong with me

They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

and heaven's aid implore...