8 December 2010
Also, the Area Presidency asked us to share "spiritual success stories" with each other a few weeks ago. This is what I wrote.
I have never seen a baptism.
But I have seen so many miracles. I have seen so many people come so close and make so many changes in their lives that it is absolutely incredible. I have talked to hundreds of people on the street, I have gotten many phone numbers to call, I have taught many lessons, I have met the most beautiful people that exist. The Lord has given me so many opportunities to learn and to grow and to serve Him. Although I have never been present when a person I taught was baptized, I have seen a lot of success in my mission.
One of the biggest spiritual successes I have had is in myself. When I began my mission I had no idea that I was capable of stopping a stranger on the street, telling them that I am a representative of Jesus Christ, and teaching them the Gospel. I had no idea I could take control of a lesson and keep it going on the right track so that these people would have the opportunity to feel the Spirit. I had no idea what I could do or who I could be. But now I know better. I know that I can talk to people, and that I need to talk to them to offer them the blessings that Heavenly Father is just waiting to bestow upon them. I know that I can wake up every morning and work hard even when I see no visible results of my efforts for months at a time. I know that I can rely on the Lord for strength, I know that He accepts the work I have done, I know that what I have done has made a difference. He has taught me that. It's not something that I could have learned on my own, but the Spirit has told me time and again that this work I am doing is a good work, and that the efforts that I make are not wasted.
My testimony has grown, my love for my Savior and His gospel has grown, and my ability to feel the love of my Heavenly Father has grown. I know without a doubt that this is the work of the Lord. And that, to me, is success.
I have never seen a baptism.
But I have seen so many miracles. I have seen so many people come so close and make so many changes in their lives that it is absolutely incredible. I have talked to hundreds of people on the street, I have gotten many phone numbers to call, I have taught many lessons, I have met the most beautiful people that exist. The Lord has given me so many opportunities to learn and to grow and to serve Him. Although I have never been present when a person I taught was baptized, I have seen a lot of success in my mission.
One of the biggest spiritual successes I have had is in myself. When I began my mission I had no idea that I was capable of stopping a stranger on the street, telling them that I am a representative of Jesus Christ, and teaching them the Gospel. I had no idea I could take control of a lesson and keep it going on the right track so that these people would have the opportunity to feel the Spirit. I had no idea what I could do or who I could be. But now I know better. I know that I can talk to people, and that I need to talk to them to offer them the blessings that Heavenly Father is just waiting to bestow upon them. I know that I can wake up every morning and work hard even when I see no visible results of my efforts for months at a time. I know that I can rely on the Lord for strength, I know that He accepts the work I have done, I know that what I have done has made a difference. He has taught me that. It's not something that I could have learned on my own, but the Spirit has told me time and again that this work I am doing is a good work, and that the efforts that I make are not wasted.
My testimony has grown, my love for my Savior and His gospel has grown, and my ability to feel the love of my Heavenly Father has grown. I know without a doubt that this is the work of the Lord. And that, to me, is success.
Comments