8 December 2010
Hello family!
Well, heartbreak of the week so I can just get it over with...my camera got stolen on Sunday. And for some reason it had all of my memory cards in its case so there went everything. At least I assume it got stolen since it was no longer in my bag, although it was shoved in there pretty good and I never felt a thing and I always feel when somebody touches my bag. It was just weird. Anyway, I cried for about 3 hours straight and it's still extremely depressing but I can't do anything about it so I guess I just have to get over it. Don't ask me to see my pictures though, thank you.
Oh dear. The rest of the week was pretty great.
We went to the Galleria Borghese on Wednesday. It is incredible. Mamma mia, Gian Lorenzo Bernini was my favorite sculptor before and now he definitely is. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. All of the detail and all of the movement. Apollo chasing Dafne while she's turning into a tree and in only a second more he'll crash into her and she'll be solid wood. It is amazing. I really loved it. And Pluto and Proserpina, as he's rushing past Cerberus and you can see his handprint on her leg. Amazing. And David. Wow. Bernini's David. He's so determined. Mado' that was incredible.
Then on Wednesday night we met with Claudia and we talked about faith, and she is still reading the Book of Mormon. She told her sisters that she's meeting with us and has explained some things to them. She also told us that she loves that the Church is so centered on the family--we never even told her that I don't think, but she knows. She's cool.
On Thursday we planned, we did some finding, and we went to correlation and we had a lesson with Peter about the things he's reading in the Book of Mormon. It was cool. He's a really cool guy. He's in Alma, and he likes it a lot. He lives in his sister-in-law's house and he wants us to come over soon because they need the gospel.
Friday we went to see Patrizia, just for a minute, and we left her a little thing to read about prayer.
We cancelled our appointment in the evening because Sorella Mondelli was supposed to come, but then she didn't. Of course nobody knew she wasn't coming until it was too late to do anything else so we just sat around waiting and preparing for the Relief Society Christmas party. Kind of lame.
We did meet a really cool girl, a Catholic theology student, on the bus in the morning. We gave her a Book of Mormon. We'll see what happens, she's busy this week so we'll have to cal again soon.
On Saturday we went to pick up Sorella Mondelli from the mission home in the morning. She's doing her mini mission with us for six weeks and then in February, if all the visa stuff works out, she's going to Chicago on her mission. She's a sweet girl. It's kind of weird, for her too I'm positive, that her boyfriend came to our ward on Sunday, but what can you do?
Then we ate lunch with Shopa, our friend from Bangladesh. Really good, spicy food. It was awesome. I don't know how interested they are in the gospel...
From there we went to the Relief Society Christmas party. Ha. It was way fun. We shared a brief message, and the presidentessa passed out blank Christmas cards and asked us to write in them as though we were writing to our very best friend in the world and telling them all of the wonderful things we wish for them, but not to address it to anyone by name. Then we drew names out a bag and gave the card to the person we drew. It was a cool idea. And then some games. And then food. And then all of our lovely South American Sorelle dancing like crazy. Hahaha. American women are just too "sophisticated" to do that I think. Italian women do it though--just all of these mothers out there dancing. It was fun. We left before it ended, I don't know when it ended, but it was cool to get to know the Sorelle a little better. Patrizia decided to not come, purtroppo. But Teresa was there--she left early because her husband was mad AGAIN.
On Sunday we had a lesson with Claudia and we brought Alina with. That went well, aside from the fact that they really have nothing in common--the country you come from really has nothing to do with who you're going to be friends with. But it went well. Claudia is still reading, she takes the Book of Mormon with her on the trenino and reads.
And then we took cookies to a family we know.
And on Monday I realized that my camera was missing before consiglio, but I made it through consiglio on the hope that it was hiding somewhere, but we came home for a second before going to Patrizia's and I looked and couldn't find it and started crying but had to stop and go to Patrizia's anyway.
AWESOME lesson. I think we made a difference. The member who referred her to us was there and he was BOLD and we were BOLD and I think we made a difference. We were trying to help her to know her relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father better. And we just told her that it's the devil that is making her feel worthless and that Jesus Christ has already beat him so we need to take control of our lives and allow the Atonement to have effect in our own lives so that we personally beat the devil. All Paolo's idea. It was cool. And she said she's scared to come to church because she's shy and I explained that I'm shy too but I prayed for help and worked and looked what happened and I think that she believes that she can do that too. She loves me, and I think that knowing that made a difference to her. I hope so. She is awesome, she just needs to let go of the extra things she's holding on to and allow joy to come in.
We got home from the appointment and I died. Basically.
I was very proud of Sorella Zeller though, because she just talked to everybody on the buses and trains and it was an incredible thing to see. So proud of her.
Yesterday, all the plans fell through but it was still a good day. Sharon's sister Joann is bringing us Doritos from the base in Napoli, so that's cool. It's crazy to have a mini missionary, she's great, but it's hard to train because we don't know what she knows already or not and I guess that just means we should explain everything. She's this cute tiny redheaded blue eyed Italian girl.
Anyway.
I need a job...
And can you check if my camera's warantee is still in place and if it covers theft? I can't remember--I know we got the extended warantee but I don't knwo what it has. I believe that Dad has it.
Well, I love you!
Have a wonderful week!
Liza
Well, heartbreak of the week so I can just get it over with...my camera got stolen on Sunday. And for some reason it had all of my memory cards in its case so there went everything. At least I assume it got stolen since it was no longer in my bag, although it was shoved in there pretty good and I never felt a thing and I always feel when somebody touches my bag. It was just weird. Anyway, I cried for about 3 hours straight and it's still extremely depressing but I can't do anything about it so I guess I just have to get over it. Don't ask me to see my pictures though, thank you.
Oh dear. The rest of the week was pretty great.
We went to the Galleria Borghese on Wednesday. It is incredible. Mamma mia, Gian Lorenzo Bernini was my favorite sculptor before and now he definitely is. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. All of the detail and all of the movement. Apollo chasing Dafne while she's turning into a tree and in only a second more he'll crash into her and she'll be solid wood. It is amazing. I really loved it. And Pluto and Proserpina, as he's rushing past Cerberus and you can see his handprint on her leg. Amazing. And David. Wow. Bernini's David. He's so determined. Mado' that was incredible.
Then on Wednesday night we met with Claudia and we talked about faith, and she is still reading the Book of Mormon. She told her sisters that she's meeting with us and has explained some things to them. She also told us that she loves that the Church is so centered on the family--we never even told her that I don't think, but she knows. She's cool.
On Thursday we planned, we did some finding, and we went to correlation and we had a lesson with Peter about the things he's reading in the Book of Mormon. It was cool. He's a really cool guy. He's in Alma, and he likes it a lot. He lives in his sister-in-law's house and he wants us to come over soon because they need the gospel.
Friday we went to see Patrizia, just for a minute, and we left her a little thing to read about prayer.
We cancelled our appointment in the evening because Sorella Mondelli was supposed to come, but then she didn't. Of course nobody knew she wasn't coming until it was too late to do anything else so we just sat around waiting and preparing for the Relief Society Christmas party. Kind of lame.
We did meet a really cool girl, a Catholic theology student, on the bus in the morning. We gave her a Book of Mormon. We'll see what happens, she's busy this week so we'll have to cal again soon.
On Saturday we went to pick up Sorella Mondelli from the mission home in the morning. She's doing her mini mission with us for six weeks and then in February, if all the visa stuff works out, she's going to Chicago on her mission. She's a sweet girl. It's kind of weird, for her too I'm positive, that her boyfriend came to our ward on Sunday, but what can you do?
Then we ate lunch with Shopa, our friend from Bangladesh. Really good, spicy food. It was awesome. I don't know how interested they are in the gospel...
From there we went to the Relief Society Christmas party. Ha. It was way fun. We shared a brief message, and the presidentessa passed out blank Christmas cards and asked us to write in them as though we were writing to our very best friend in the world and telling them all of the wonderful things we wish for them, but not to address it to anyone by name. Then we drew names out a bag and gave the card to the person we drew. It was a cool idea. And then some games. And then food. And then all of our lovely South American Sorelle dancing like crazy. Hahaha. American women are just too "sophisticated" to do that I think. Italian women do it though--just all of these mothers out there dancing. It was fun. We left before it ended, I don't know when it ended, but it was cool to get to know the Sorelle a little better. Patrizia decided to not come, purtroppo. But Teresa was there--she left early because her husband was mad AGAIN.
On Sunday we had a lesson with Claudia and we brought Alina with. That went well, aside from the fact that they really have nothing in common--the country you come from really has nothing to do with who you're going to be friends with. But it went well. Claudia is still reading, she takes the Book of Mormon with her on the trenino and reads.
And then we took cookies to a family we know.
And on Monday I realized that my camera was missing before consiglio, but I made it through consiglio on the hope that it was hiding somewhere, but we came home for a second before going to Patrizia's and I looked and couldn't find it and started crying but had to stop and go to Patrizia's anyway.
AWESOME lesson. I think we made a difference. The member who referred her to us was there and he was BOLD and we were BOLD and I think we made a difference. We were trying to help her to know her relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father better. And we just told her that it's the devil that is making her feel worthless and that Jesus Christ has already beat him so we need to take control of our lives and allow the Atonement to have effect in our own lives so that we personally beat the devil. All Paolo's idea. It was cool. And she said she's scared to come to church because she's shy and I explained that I'm shy too but I prayed for help and worked and looked what happened and I think that she believes that she can do that too. She loves me, and I think that knowing that made a difference to her. I hope so. She is awesome, she just needs to let go of the extra things she's holding on to and allow joy to come in.
We got home from the appointment and I died. Basically.
I was very proud of Sorella Zeller though, because she just talked to everybody on the buses and trains and it was an incredible thing to see. So proud of her.
Yesterday, all the plans fell through but it was still a good day. Sharon's sister Joann is bringing us Doritos from the base in Napoli, so that's cool. It's crazy to have a mini missionary, she's great, but it's hard to train because we don't know what she knows already or not and I guess that just means we should explain everything. She's this cute tiny redheaded blue eyed Italian girl.
Anyway.
I need a job...
And can you check if my camera's warantee is still in place and if it covers theft? I can't remember--I know we got the extended warantee but I don't knwo what it has. I believe that Dad has it.
Well, I love you!
Have a wonderful week!
Liza
Comments