1 September 2009
Hello everyone!
So this week was pretty great. I'll save about 5 minutes so if you decide to write me an email I can come and print it out later today.
Elder Scott was our devotional speaker on Tuesday, and he was INCREDIBLE. He conferred upon us the gift of tongues as an apostle of the Lord, and he also gave us an apostolic blessing of safety and protection as a shield around us. And he closed with a really powerful testimony. He's amazing, I'm really glad I was here for that.
We got one new sister last week. She's really nice and she seems to be fitting in well with the group. So we've enjoyed having her here.
Both of our original teachers have now officially left us. And Fratello Stubbs who served in Catania is really good. Yesterday we met Fratello Clarke, and he was in my Italian 321 class last winter. Which is kind of funny, because the other day I was thinking about people who were in that class who might be good teachers and I thought of him and wondered why he wasn't an MTC teacher, because he's very friendly and speaks pretty well. And he always dressed in dress clothes. And then yesterday he was standing in the Italian hallway waiting for us. So that's kind of strange, but I'm sure he'll be a good teacher, as long as he didn't think I was too much of a slacker in that Italian class.
Let's see, what else? Sunday we had an excellent fireside based around President Faust's song "this is the Christ". It was really really good, just a huge testimony of Christ and a lot of crying missionaries. And then at the end we closed by singing "I Believe in Christ" which was pretty powerful after all of that. It was a really great meeting.
We learned this week that finding is fun, you just have to introduce yourself and be a friend and then talk about the gospel, but first you have to show an interest in their life, or why in the world would they want to hear about yours? It was a good experience, we practiced finding on each other. I think we're all going to be excellent actors and actresses by the time we're done here.
We also wrote mantras this week. Like, there was one in a talk by and apostle that had come from a protestant minister that was an example, and Captain Moroni's writings on the title of liberty were his. That was a pretty cool idea, something to read whenever we need an extra boost. Mine is still a work in progress, but when I finish it I'll probably send a copy home. It was way neat though.
We also did "fuzzy wuzzies", where we had to sit on a chair and all the people in the district told us the amazing things they've noticed about us and Sorella Jones summed us up in one word and then explained why in many more words. It was a cool thing, and people took notes so we have a sheet of paper with all these things people think are great about us.
Sorella Jones also showed us Italy pictures and got us really excited to leave in two weeks. We get our travel plans this week, and next week I'll be able to tell you when I can call you from the airport and all that good stuff. Pretty exciting. I'm kind of nervous, but more excited than anything. We know pretty well that it's going to be hard work, but we've heard amazing things about the people and it's all going to be very worth it. I'm excited to tell the people of Italy who Christ really is, and what he really did for us.
I hope you have an amazing week, I'll write more in my letter.
Love you tons!
Eliza
So this week was pretty great. I'll save about 5 minutes so if you decide to write me an email I can come and print it out later today.
Elder Scott was our devotional speaker on Tuesday, and he was INCREDIBLE. He conferred upon us the gift of tongues as an apostle of the Lord, and he also gave us an apostolic blessing of safety and protection as a shield around us. And he closed with a really powerful testimony. He's amazing, I'm really glad I was here for that.
We got one new sister last week. She's really nice and she seems to be fitting in well with the group. So we've enjoyed having her here.
Both of our original teachers have now officially left us. And Fratello Stubbs who served in Catania is really good. Yesterday we met Fratello Clarke, and he was in my Italian 321 class last winter. Which is kind of funny, because the other day I was thinking about people who were in that class who might be good teachers and I thought of him and wondered why he wasn't an MTC teacher, because he's very friendly and speaks pretty well. And he always dressed in dress clothes. And then yesterday he was standing in the Italian hallway waiting for us. So that's kind of strange, but I'm sure he'll be a good teacher, as long as he didn't think I was too much of a slacker in that Italian class.
Let's see, what else? Sunday we had an excellent fireside based around President Faust's song "this is the Christ". It was really really good, just a huge testimony of Christ and a lot of crying missionaries. And then at the end we closed by singing "I Believe in Christ" which was pretty powerful after all of that. It was a really great meeting.
We learned this week that finding is fun, you just have to introduce yourself and be a friend and then talk about the gospel, but first you have to show an interest in their life, or why in the world would they want to hear about yours? It was a good experience, we practiced finding on each other. I think we're all going to be excellent actors and actresses by the time we're done here.
We also wrote mantras this week. Like, there was one in a talk by and apostle that had come from a protestant minister that was an example, and Captain Moroni's writings on the title of liberty were his. That was a pretty cool idea, something to read whenever we need an extra boost. Mine is still a work in progress, but when I finish it I'll probably send a copy home. It was way neat though.
We also did "fuzzy wuzzies", where we had to sit on a chair and all the people in the district told us the amazing things they've noticed about us and Sorella Jones summed us up in one word and then explained why in many more words. It was a cool thing, and people took notes so we have a sheet of paper with all these things people think are great about us.
Sorella Jones also showed us Italy pictures and got us really excited to leave in two weeks. We get our travel plans this week, and next week I'll be able to tell you when I can call you from the airport and all that good stuff. Pretty exciting. I'm kind of nervous, but more excited than anything. We know pretty well that it's going to be hard work, but we've heard amazing things about the people and it's all going to be very worth it. I'm excited to tell the people of Italy who Christ really is, and what he really did for us.
I hope you have an amazing week, I'll write more in my letter.
Love you tons!
Eliza
Comments