Just find the horizon, I promise you it's not as far as you think
It's been a while. Goodness.
I can never think of anything to write about, unless I'm ranting :), so I found a journal jar site and I'm going to use things from that for a while.
I love the rain. There is something about it that is just so amazing--a feeling of action combined with the peaceful constancy of raindrops falling down.

One of my favorite things is sleeping in when it's cold outside and listening to the sound of rain on the roof when i can just curl up under my blankets and listen and know that I am safe inside. And the rain just keeps falling, lulling me back to sleep.
I can never think of anything to write about, unless I'm ranting :), so I found a journal jar site and I'm going to use things from that for a while.
I love the rain. There is something about it that is just so amazing--a feeling of action combined with the peaceful constancy of raindrops falling down.

One of my favorite things is sleeping in when it's cold outside and listening to the sound of rain on the roof when i can just curl up under my blankets and listen and know that I am safe inside. And the rain just keeps falling, lulling me back to sleep.
I loved when we kept the recycling outside my window; all the old soda cans that couldn't go with the regular recycling because or the cash redemption value. So we collected them in the backyard, on the side of the house where nobody could see them, until the day when there would be enough to put them in the back of the car and drive over to the recycling place. On rainy days these cans became musical instruments. The rain would fall strategically in precisely the places where the cans would let out the most melodic pings and tinks, a tiny symphony outside my window.

I also love rainstorms in the summer. I haven't ever lived in a place where there were huge storms, but I think everyone can relate to the feeling. The day has been hot and muggy and miserable, and it all seems to crowd in on you to the point of being unable to function. Your only relief is a heavily air-conditioned building, yet even inside you aren't exactly comfortable, because the air is so heavy, and everything is tense. And then, suddenly it happens. You hear the rain falling.

I also love rainstorms in the summer. I haven't ever lived in a place where there were huge storms, but I think everyone can relate to the feeling. The day has been hot and muggy and miserable, and it all seems to crowd in on you to the point of being unable to function. Your only relief is a heavily air-conditioned building, yet even inside you aren't exactly comfortable, because the air is so heavy, and everything is tense. And then, suddenly it happens. You hear the rain falling.
And you run outside and a breeze blows the water into your face. The entire world is drenched in the wonderful smell of wet concrete and wood. It's one of those days when as a child you stand outside with your bike, looking up at the sky and waiting for a flash of lightning.
And when, as a college student you can't help but dance around barefoot in the parking lot of your apartments, trying to get as wet as possible and just reveling in the sudden bursts of cool breezes that make the rain fly straight towards you. 

You can't be at all unhappy about the wetness, since your air-conditioning hasn't really been functioning properly for the past month, and rain is an all too welcome blessing from the heavens. It doesn't matter how dirty your feet get, or if your makeup is completely washed off. Rain makes you forget, it brings energy and excitement, along with the sense that everything is going to be fine, all problems and all doubts are washed away.
The question of the day was "




Comments