And while you wonder "how's this gonna end?" I only want it to begin


So, the summer has passed and another year of school is about to start.

It's been an interesting thing, that even after going to school all summer I feel like I haven't been in class forever. Part of it must be that the last few weeks have been ridiculously long. Take that back, the fourteenth and fifteenth went far too fast. And then I guess the week in Salt Lake went relatively quickly. But the break still seems like too long. Boredom isn't as fun when there is nobody to share it with. And I miss Alex.

This summer I learned more than any summer I can remember. I relearned how to pay attention in class. I learned how to ask questions and discuss, and actually contribute to the classes I was taking--this didn't really take effect until summer term I suppose.

I also learned a whole lot about life. I learned how to cook with someone, and how to not get upset if something went wrong. I relearned how to play games and do puzzles for hours on end, laughing all the way through. I learned that it's okay to be positive, and to make promises and set goals and follow through. I relearned how to pray whenever there's something you feel that you can't fix on your own. I learned that I can spend all my free time with a person, and still have the time to do the things that I enjoy. I learned how to spend HOURS in a bookstore, looking at anything and everything; even standing in front of an atlas looking at weather patterns can be fun. I learned how to love someone completely, without ever having any chance of getting bored of him--to know his personality, and the ins and outs of his life, and love him just for being who he is. I really learned a lot this summer, and Alex helped.

So it's strange to be starting a new school year without him. Since the beginning of 2007 he's been a huge part of my world, and such an amazing friend. It hardly seems right to be going to school without him to talk to every step of the way, and to discuss ideas with, and to do homework together (for different classes).

It's easy to forget all the things I did this summer, and remember all the things I forgot to do. We could have had another bonfire, we could have gone exploring in Provo Canyon, we could have done a whole bunch of things, but we forgot. Life was busy, between work and school we ran out of time. It was a great summer no matter what. The one thing I'm sad about is that I have no reason to go see the ducks anymore, which is a real tragedy.

This summer has been so amazing, and I really wouldn't trade it in for anything. I've learned so much about so many things. I've got the very best friend I've ever had (Alex), and probably ever will have, who teaches me something new everyday--and always good things.

So, possibly the last fall I'm in college, here I come. I've learned a lot, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be. And this year will be amazing, I promise.















Post-work visit to the ducks. :)













Mini-golf.














Covered in Alex's ties, before we packed them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I belong with you, you belong with me

They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

and heaven's aid implore...